Saturday, July 24, 20: 30-
At SKY CIRCUS Sunshine 60 Observatory (Ikebukuro, Tokyo), a planetary viewing event will be held on Saturday, July 24, as the full moon approaches Jupiter and Saturn.
At the viewing party, you can enjoy the explanation of "Moon, Jupiter, Saturn" by starry sky photographer Hiroyuki Narizawa by displaying the image of the astronomical telescope installed on the roof on the monitor inside the observatory. On the same day, we will also hold a workshop (charged) where you can learn about the mechanism of the telescope using the learning astronomical telescope kit (NEWTONY) for elementary school students. Also, during the period from July 23 (Friday / holiday) to July 27 (Tuesday), Mr. Narizawa's photographs of the moon, Jupiter, and Saturn, and a panel explaining the phases of the moon and the mechanism of the telescope will be displayed in the observatory. It will be exhibited in one corner.
・ Outline of "Planet Viewing Party"
Date: Saturday, July 24, 20: 30-22: 00
Time when the full moon, Jupiter, and Saturn begin to appear: Full moon around 19: 22 ~, Saturn around 20: 30 ~, Jupiter around 21: 00 ~
* It may be changed depending on the situation to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infection.
* Admission to the observatory is required.
Contents: We will hold a viewing party on a monitor with a commentary on the moon, Jupiter, and Saturn by starry sky photographer Hiroyuki Narizawa. You can also see Saturn's ring and Jupiter's striped pattern.
* Depending on the weather conditions, you may not be able to see it, or you may not be able to install an astronomical telescope for monitor projection on the rooftop.
● Profile of Hiroyuki Narizawa
Starry sky photographer and time-lapse creator. A regular member of the Japan Professional Photographers Society. Fujifilm FPS member, Academy X instructor, Nikon NPS member. Books "Hiroyuki Narizawa's Starry Sky Photography School" and "Time-lapse Photography Textbook".
■ Workshop (for elementary school students) ■
Schedule: Saturday, July 24, 19: 00-20: 00 Reception starts 18:30
After the workshop, enjoy astronomical viewing with the assembled telescope.
Fee: 7,500 yen (admission fee (children) + learning astronomical telescope kit + workshop fee)
* Each participant must be accompanied by a guardian over 18 years old.
* Companions are required to enter the observatory.
Target: First 15 elementary school students
Contents: A workshop by starry sky photographer Hiroyuki Narizawa where you can learn about the mechanism of the telescope using the learning astronomical telescope kit (NEWTONY). Watch the full moon at the observatory from 20:00 using the assembled telescope.
* Please see the observatory website for information on how to apply.
* Subject to change depending on the situation.
★★ Sunshine 60 Observatory Astronomical Viewing Event 2021 Schedule (planned) ★★
① Moon of 5.4 years old and Mars line up (April 16-18) * End
② Super Moon! Total lunar eclipse! (May 24-27) * End
➂ Planetary viewing event (July 24)
④ Mid-autumn harvest moon (September 18-24)
⑤Diamond Fuji & partial lunar eclipse (lunar eclipse) (November 13-19)
⑥ Night view photo session for a limited number of people after closing (December 10-12)
⑦ First sunrise (January 1, 2022)
⑧ Diamond Fuji (January 23-29, 2022)
* In order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection, the content and schedule may be changed or canceled depending on the situation. ※The image is an image. * All prices include tax.
■ Overview of SKY CIRCUS Sunshine 60 Observatory
● Location: 3-1 Higashiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo Sunshine City Sunshine 60 Building / 60F
● Business hours: 10: 00-22: 00 * Last admission is 1 hour before the end
* In order to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infection, it may differ from normal business hours. Please check the website ( https://sunshinecity.jp/observatory/) for the latest information.
● Admission: Adults 1,200 yen, students (high school / university / vocational school) 900 yen, children (elementary / junior high school students) 600 yen, infants (4 years old and over) 300 yen
● Contact: SKY CIRCUS Sunshine 60 Observatory 03-3989-3457 https://sunshinecity.jp